This policy may change from time to time so please reread this policy periodically.
COLLECTION, STORAGE AND USE
2. No need to disclose personal information: The Site can be viewed without the need to disclose any personal information to us.
3. Your disclosure of personal information: However, you may choose to disclose personal information e.g. when you register for an event or sign up for our newsletter. Such information will be viewable by Site administrators and contractors (including third parties providing services related to the administration, improvement, and/or securing of the Site and the information it contains (“Third Party Contractors”) and, if published, members of the public (e.g. testimonials).
4. Holding of information: Personal information that you provide will be held by Social Smarty, and may be shared with, and held by, Third Party Contractors to the extent necessary for the services they provide related to the administration, improvement, and/or securing of the Site and the information they contain. Email addresses provided when completing online forms, registering for events or when emailing feedback directly to Social Smarty are not made available to the public. Unless required by law, we will not publicise the names or email addresses of individuals provided to us without their consent.
5. Use of personal information: We will only use personal information provided to us for the purposes of administering, evaluating, improving, and securing the Site and the information they contain, improving our services and communicating with you.
6. Feedback: Feedback is important and is used to evaluate and improve the Sites. If you provide feedback on the Site directly to Social Smarty via the supplied email address, that feedback will be sent to an appropriate staff member or Third Party Contractor. We may pass on relevant comments to other people within Social Smarty or affiliated projects, who administer, have contributed content to, or are otherwise interested in, the Site. This could include your email address and other identifying information.
STATISTICAL INFORMATION AND COOKIES
7. Statistical information collected: We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the Site. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. It includes:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you accessed on our Site and the links you clicked on;
- the date and time you visited our Site;
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to our Site;
- your operating system (e.g., Windows XP, Mac OS X);
- the type of web browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox);
- and other incidental matters such as screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
8. Use of statistical information: The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by Site administrators. It may also be shared with Third Party Contractors for the purpose of administration, improvement, and/or securing of the Site.
9. Cookies: The Site generate persistent session cookies for the purpose of monitoring Site usage. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of the web browser you are using to view our Sites without affecting your ability to use the Site.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
10. Your rights Under the Privacy Act 1993: You have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information provided to Social Smarty in connection with your use of our Site. If you would like to see the personal information relating to you that Social Smarty has stored, or to change such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Social Smarty may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
11. Privacy Commissioner: If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner: www.privacy.org.nz